DS3 too much oil passes through pcv valve?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Roman11
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Sep 2026, 19:26

DS3 too much oil passes through pcv valve?

Unread post by Roman11 »

Got this much oil pooling here after a short journey. I did replace pcv valve membrane and spring to see if it fixes but still no luck
Attachments
IMG_5539.jpeg
IMG_5538.jpeg
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21153
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8121

Re: DS3 too much oil passes through pcv valve?

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Are you using the manufacturer's recommended oil in the engine? That issue can occur when the oil is too thin!! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Roman11
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 Sep 2026, 19:26

Re: DS3 too much oil passes through pcv valve?

Unread post by Roman11 »

mickthemaverick wrote: 27 Sep 2026, 10:47 Are you using the manufacturer's recommended oil in the engine? That issue can occur when the oil is too thin!! :)
Yes as recommended by the book 0w30 total quartz ineo first.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21153
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8121

Re: DS3 too much oil passes through pcv valve?

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

As far as I can see it seems both 0-30 and 5-30 are recommended for your engine. I'd suggest the difference being average ambient temperatures where the car is used. If I'm right then I would suggest 5-30 is right for UK climate so that may be the reason for your apparent excessive evaporation. Only my reasoning with no expert knowledge to back it up! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!