407 alternator pulley

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
red080
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 May 2024, 22:28

407 alternator pulley

Unread post by red080 »

I have a noise from the alternator pulley 2.0 hdi 407 i have the socket with splines but the inner is not torx
do someone ever remove a pulley like this?
Attachments
internal pulley.jpg
alternator 407.jpg
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21119
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8111

Re: 407 alternator pulley

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

You could try the normal removal method as shown in this video where there is a torx socket, but hammer an oversize torx or Hex bit into the end of the shaft. However hopefully someone who knows the correct procedure will offer some advice. :)

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!