5008 I timing chain

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Pau
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Sep 2026, 17:40

5008 I timing chain

Unread post by Pau »

I got a timing error code, and did the timing procedure after a splendid YouTube instruction, where I discovered that the camshaft gears had lost position, even though a certified Peugeot workshop had changed the chain at 60000 km! Worked fine but now the chain is making a rattling noise so the chain must be changed again! The only problem for doing it myself is the awkward position of the chain tensioner on the back of the engine with very little space for a proper tool, without taking out the engine! Any hints to solve this? :?: :roll:
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21138
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8119

Re: 5008 I timing chain

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

What mileage have you done since the chain change? :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
PaulC5
Donor 2024
Posts: 2615
Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
x 682

Re: 5008 I timing chain

Unread post by PaulC5 »

What engine is it ?