Corroded Fuel Lines BX Diesel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David.Cox
My Cars:

Corroded Fuel Lines BX Diesel

Post by David.Cox »

Have been looking underneath and the fuel lines seem to be rather corroded. My feeling is that I need to change them, but how difficult is it to do and is there anything I should take particular note of in doing it.
By the way at the same time the fule tank is leaking from the top when the tank is full. Tank had to come off for a body repair by a garage about six months ago, but I guess I can deal with this if I take the fuel tank off in course of replacing the fule lines. Also any advice on where to get fuel lines would be appreciated.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

The fuel lines are available for a few pounds each from GS&F - I bought a pair for a former BX and then never got round to fitting them so can't advise how difficult they are to fit. The front end can't be too bad as I've replaced flexible pipes here when trying to diagnose air-in-diesel problems. Also, the rubber pipes may not like being pulled about during the pipe change - it's a sure way to find out if they're perished.
When you say the tank leaks if filled right up - where exactly is it leaking from? IF from the very top then this is likely to be the seals as I seem to remember there's a gap between the top of the tank and the access to it. In fact, the fuel gauge assembly forms the upper seal so I'd get this out and examine it closely - you may find it's not been located properly.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

They are easy enough to replace, they just push into the rubber pipes front and rear though the rear end does not appear to have any means of clamping to the rubber lines from the tank,
Stewart
David.Cox
My Cars:

Post by David.Cox »

Thanks guys. Seems as if it will not be that difficult, but thought I would consult. I presume I will have to hand prime after to get rid of air in the new pipes.
Have now located them on GSF.