Air Conditioning System, 306TD

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gwailo

Air Conditioning System, 306TD

Post by gwailo »

I recently had some corroded pipes replaced on my air conditioning system. The system was then regassed and it worked fine for about a day then failed again. On removing the radiator is was clearly apparent that the fluid was leaking from the large condenser that sits infront of the rad. Would it be possible for this condenser to be repaired or is it best advised to buy a new one at £120+ or second hand one from a breakers?
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

new ones would probaly have a warranty but if you can remove a second hand condenser and fit it to your car you save yourself 150-200 quid in labour charges then you just have to pay for the regas.again.
try not to damage the o-ring seals on the pipes though.
gwailo

Post by gwailo »

how do the metal pipes connected to the condenser? Is a special tool needed to detach it?
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

i have an idea it might be a 5 or 6mm allen bolt,but im not that sure, you could try lifting the tabs off the radiator and push it forward a bit and try seeing that way or pull the rad out altogether.
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

oh, and make sure its not got any gas in it before those pipes come off
gwailo

Post by gwailo »

thx.. I expect to collect the new condenser today, I have removed the radiator but wondering if the bumper and rest of the front needs to come off in order to make the air con pipes easier to get at. It doesn't seem that obvious how the bumper dettaches actually
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

if you have trouble taking the pipes off the condenser, try the other ends, i think it goes to the pump and the drier/reciever. the bit with the sight glass on top. you shouldnt really have to take off the bumper, then you have to take the fans off,all the wires that run in front and it will be too much work to get into.
but tell us how you got on