MY REV COUNTER STOPPED

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mezuk04
My Cars:

MY REV COUNTER STOPPED

Post by mezuk04 »

It stopped working, came back to it about 4 hours later and its working again, obviously if its done it once it may do it again and worse.
Its a 1997 1.9d temptation - lovely car
ripsaw82
My Cars:

Post by ripsaw82 »

My Xantia has started doing this too, its may seem small but its annoying when it stops working.
espzetec

Post by espzetec »

mine has started this too. sometimes it works fine, other times it randomly jumps about. dodgy sensor maybe?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Are all the electrics OK? This sort of thing normaly is an electrical problem. Ckeck all plugs to the gear box sensor etc. If it comes back every noe and again it must just be some kind of loose connection.
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

mines the same its a common fault so i went to local scrappy and got 3 tried them one at a time all faulty so its down to the tacho in mine ill have to pull that lot out now ands its right carry on steering wheel off etc.
as a added note i checked what was coming out of all the senders all nearly the same and all read the same resistance.
also dont make my mistake with the sender its at the back lower engine on the 1.9td u get at it underneath, slacken the bolt off using a 10mm spanner 3-4 turns then struggle like mad to pull/rotate the snder untill it comes out. when installing another one use a bit grease or vaseline and it pops back in easy. i wouldnt use copperslip etc as it may and not sure about this affect the pulses
hope this helps abit
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

you should lightly tap the sensor in until it hits the flywheel and then ever so slightly back it off with a screwdriver, that works most of the time for me.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">as a added note i checked what was coming out of all the senders all nearly the same and all read the same resistance.
also dont make my mistake with the sender its at the back lower engine on the 1.9td u get at it underneath, slacken the bolt off using a 10mm spanner 3-4 turns then struggle like mad to pull/rotate the snder untill it comes out. when installing another one use a bit grease or vaseline and it pops back in easy. i wouldnt use copperslip etc as it may and not sure about this affect the pulses
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The sender is an inductive pick-up (coil) and often goes open-circuit when hot. 'Copperslip' (Copaslip) will not affect anything at all - stick some on everything you remove and replace! [:D]
Your tacho may not be ill - check all wiring and connectors first.