Brakes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tlyn

Brakes

Post by tlyn »

I have a 2001 mercury sable,front brakes just replaced. Still having problems. When pressing pedal it goes to floor at times and dont stop. Also once when pressed it whent to floor and jerked hard to right . Can anyone give me some sugestions?[?][:(]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Do you REALLY want an answer from THIS forum????? I think you can guess what it will be . . .
//NiSk
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi tlyn
I havent the faintest idea what a 'mercury sable' is, but the brake pedal going to the floor once would be enough for me to either fix it or swap for a Citroen with power brakes. If your pedal has 'jerked to right' it sounds as if it is about to fall off! [:(][:(]
tlyn

Post by tlyn »

Let me clearify, the pedal didnt jerk to right the car did.[:I]
PeterMann
My Cars:

Post by PeterMann »

Difficult to understand why one would need to replace brakes in a 2001 car. Generally, steering anomolies under braking indicate worn steering/suspension, which is not plausible in 2001 car. Look at the workmanship on the brakes ; are the pads all seated properly ? Can there be uneven pressure distribution between the wheel cylinders? Or is a wheel cylinder siezed or leaking?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ok
A Mercury sable?
This is a Forum for French Cars, Citroen, Peugeot and Renault. You have posted in the Citroen part of the Forum. Two problems here, you car is American, and its not a Citroen.
End of chat.