Hi everyone.
I'm new on this forum and need a bit help...
I need to update my maps on a Peugeot 508 sw. Map update on Peugeot says i need minimum firmware version 2.86 to buy the maps. My firmware is 2.75. I tried to update from a cd iso from a USB, but that didn't work. Can anyone provide my with a RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation?
RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
-
Ech
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Jul 2026, 14:05
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Is this trying to use the official route to update the maps? I'm surprised that 2.75 isn't sufficient to load the map update.
Have you actually tried to update the maps? What maps are currently installed?
If needed I can supply updates to 2.77, 2.80, 2.85 and 2.86.
Have you actually tried to update the maps? What maps are currently installed?
If needed I can supply updates to 2.77, 2.80, 2.85 and 2.86.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Ech
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 05 Jul 2026, 14:05
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Well this is what they say:
"Product information
This is a download product. This means that no product will be sent to your postal address. Once you have entered your vehicle information in your account, you will find a download link in your order history.
IMPORTANT: The minimum software version required to use this product is 2.86
Before Purchasing – please check your Software Version:
Press the “setup” button for a short while, and the help menu will show up.
Select “device description” and “software.”
If your software version is lower than 2.86: Do not purchase this map update. Installing it at a lower software level could damage your system.
You can inquire to your local dealer regarding software questions. Software updates may no longer be available and/or may incur dealer labor charges."
That was for the WIP Nav+ RT6 Benelux Dutch 2023-2024 map.
My maps are hopelessly outdated (most from 2012), so 2.86 would be nice. Tried 2.86B with a CD image copied to a USB, but that didn't work. It read the USB media, but didn't recognize the update. Copilot says that i need the image with the HEADHUNT, DATA folders, but dunno if that is correct. USB is working since I first used it to get a backup out of the SD using Mirascript.
Map file would be nice too if anyone have some, since 99 Euros, per map is a bit steep and i actually need 4 of them...
"Product information
This is a download product. This means that no product will be sent to your postal address. Once you have entered your vehicle information in your account, you will find a download link in your order history.
IMPORTANT: The minimum software version required to use this product is 2.86
Before Purchasing – please check your Software Version:
Press the “setup” button for a short while, and the help menu will show up.
Select “device description” and “software.”
If your software version is lower than 2.86: Do not purchase this map update. Installing it at a lower software level could damage your system.
You can inquire to your local dealer regarding software questions. Software updates may no longer be available and/or may incur dealer labor charges."
That was for the WIP Nav+ RT6 Benelux Dutch 2023-2024 map.
My maps are hopelessly outdated (most from 2012), so 2.86 would be nice. Tried 2.86B with a CD image copied to a USB, but that didn't work. It read the USB media, but didn't recognize the update. Copilot says that i need the image with the HEADHUNT, DATA folders, but dunno if that is correct. USB is working since I first used it to get a backup out of the SD using Mirascript.
Map file would be nice too if anyone have some, since 99 Euros, per map is a bit steep and i actually need 4 of them...
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
If you simply copied the ISO from the CD to the USB stick then this is not correct. You have to copy the contents of the ISO to the USB stick. An 8GB stick is sufficient but don't go any larger than 32GB. The stick needs to be formatted in FAT32.
I don't recognise HEADHUNT or DATA, the correct structure would be folders called Application, Data_Base, db_dwnl_ppc, SIRF and UPG. In addition there are three files called BootRom.sym, CD.inf and Config.inf.
It's good that you have saved your configuration using Mirascript as you will almost certainly need to upload this configuration back to the RT6 if you upgrade to 2.86.
Having said all that I haven't heard of the possibility of damaging your system. Note they say "could", I don't think you'd have a problem personally.
I will send you a PM regarding updating maps.
I don't recognise HEADHUNT or DATA, the correct structure would be folders called Application, Data_Base, db_dwnl_ppc, SIRF and UPG. In addition there are three files called BootRom.sym, CD.inf and Config.inf.
It's good that you have saved your configuration using Mirascript as you will almost certainly need to upload this configuration back to the RT6 if you upgrade to 2.86.
Having said all that I haven't heard of the possibility of damaging your system. Note they say "could", I don't think you'd have a problem personally.
I will send you a PM regarding updating maps.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
xendra23
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 18 Jul 2026, 22:08
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Hello Paul,
I have a 2013 Citroën DS3 with an RT6 (RNEG2) navigation system. My current firmware version is RNEG2.77.A.2. The unit freezes frequently and now shows the Peugeot logo instead of the Citroën logo at startup.
Could you please send me the official RT6/RNEG2 2.86B USB firmware?
Thank you very much!
I have a 2013 Citroën DS3 with an RT6 (RNEG2) navigation system. My current firmware version is RNEG2.77.A.2. The unit freezes frequently and now shows the Peugeot logo instead of the Citroën logo at startup.
Could you please send me the official RT6/RNEG2 2.86B USB firmware?
Thank you very much!
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Are you aware of the problems you might have updating to 2.86? Read this thread to be aware of some of the problems. viewtopic.php?t=80452
I strongly recommend you use Mirascript to download your configuration file before doing any upgrades. This will hopefully work even though you have problems now.
I can supply 2.77 as a start. Can I then suggest going to 2.80 and then 2.85 if need be first if you do decide to update?
I strongly recommend you use Mirascript to download your configuration file before doing any upgrades. This will hopefully work even though you have problems now.
I can supply 2.77 as a start. Can I then suggest going to 2.80 and then 2.85 if need be first if you do decide to update?
-
xendra23
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 18 Jul 2026, 22:08
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Hello Paolo-R,
Thank you very much for your help and your advice.
Yes, I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with the RT6/RNEG2 firmware version 2.77.
Could you also please send me the download link for the original MiraScripts package and let me know which script I should use to back up my RT6 configuration before updating?
Thank you again for your time and support!
Thank you very much for your help and your advice.
Yes, I would really appreciate it if you could provide me with the RT6/RNEG2 firmware version 2.77.
Could you also please send me the download link for the original MiraScripts package and let me know which script I should use to back up my RT6 configuration before updating?
Thank you again for your time and support!
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Try this for MiraScript https://mira308sw.altervista.org/en/index.htm
Have a read of this thread as well viewtopic.php?p=866819#p866819
Check your PM in five minutes.
Have a read of this thread as well viewtopic.php?p=866819#p866819
Check your PM in five minutes.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
Moz99
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 11 Aug 2026, 11:01
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Hi Paul,
Would it be possible to have a copy of the 2.77 firmware/software? I have a Peugeot 3008 Hybrid Allure which I’ve had since 2013. It has an RT6 system in it. The maps have started playing up. I have removed the SD card and can’t get it to clone without errors. I think the next best step is a new card and uploading 2.77 to it. Previously the software was 2.75. Any other thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.
Would it be possible to have a copy of the 2.77 firmware/software? I have a Peugeot 3008 Hybrid Allure which I’ve had since 2013. It has an RT6 system in it. The maps have started playing up. I have removed the SD card and can’t get it to clone without errors. I think the next best step is a new card and uploading 2.77 to it. Previously the software was 2.75. Any other thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Check your PM in five minutes.
Usual disclaimers I'm afraid. Use at your own risk, etc.
Usual disclaimers I'm afraid. Use at your own risk, etc.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
ankl212
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Aug 2026, 12:55
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Hi Paul,
I have a 2012 Citroën C4 Picasso with an RT6/RNEG2 unit. The system currently has a completely black screen and the CD drive repeatedly makes a whirring noise, so I think that the internal MicroSD card may have failed.
Unfortunately, because the screen no longer works, I am unable to check which firmware version was installed before the failure. I also tried to back up the RT6 user configuration using MiraScripts, following the procedure from the "How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6" tutorial: viewtopic.php?t=63227. However, because the RT6 does not boot and the screen remains black, I could not see or respond to the MiraScripts prompts, so I was unable to back up the user files.
Would it be possible to send me the RT6/RNEG2 2.86B firmware for USB installation?
Also, since I cannot determine my previous firmware version, would you recommend installing 2.86B directly on a new MicroSD card, or should I start with any earlier version and update progressively?
Thank you very much for your help.
I have a 2012 Citroën C4 Picasso with an RT6/RNEG2 unit. The system currently has a completely black screen and the CD drive repeatedly makes a whirring noise, so I think that the internal MicroSD card may have failed.
Unfortunately, because the screen no longer works, I am unable to check which firmware version was installed before the failure. I also tried to back up the RT6 user configuration using MiraScripts, following the procedure from the "How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6" tutorial: viewtopic.php?t=63227. However, because the RT6 does not boot and the screen remains black, I could not see or respond to the MiraScripts prompts, so I was unable to back up the user files.
Would it be possible to send me the RT6/RNEG2 2.86B firmware for USB installation?
Also, since I cannot determine my previous firmware version, would you recommend installing 2.86B directly on a new MicroSD card, or should I start with any earlier version and update progressively?
Thank you very much for your help.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
As you don't know what firmware was previously fitted (have you checked the RT6 unit for a label showing this?) then there's really no other option.
Check your PM in 5 minutes. I can't guarantee it's the type B variant though.
Check your PM in 5 minutes. I can't guarantee it's the type B variant though.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
gergrecrem
- New User
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Today, 00:33
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Hi Paul-R,
I am having the same issue as ankl212 but mine is a 2016 C3.
Is there any chance that you would be able to send me a copy of the RT6/RNEG2 2.86B firmware for me to put on a USB please?
Thanks in advance
I am having the same issue as ankl212 but mine is a 2016 C3.
Is there any chance that you would be able to send me a copy of the RT6/RNEG2 2.86B firmware for me to put on a USB please?
Thanks in advance
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9346
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: RT6 / RNEG2 firmware 2.86B (9691894880) for USB?installation
Check your PM for links. As I've repeatedly said, I cannot guarantee that it's sub-ver B
Usual disclaimers. Use at own risk, etc.
Usual disclaimers. Use at own risk, etc.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson