HDI 110

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

HDI 110

Post by bernie »

I've got the chance of a Xantia estate HDI 110bhp with 94000 miles on the clock.
The crank pulley was replaced a while ago but is there any other faults which arise?
What sort of mileage do they go BANG?
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

The low pressure fuel pumps seem to play up, but at around 70k-ish. Check if it's had one, though.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Thanks Phil
Any idea whats involved in changing it?
And price of pump?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Low pressure lift pumps are bad news on Xantia, its only available as a complete tank sender unit right now and even from GSF I think its about £130.00. Good news is that we sourced just the lift pump on its own, which Citroen do not offer (surprise surprise) and we've placed an order. The lift pump just slides out of the sender unit cradle once its unclipped and the 2 wires are disconnected, these pumps should be available "on their own" in the next few weeks.
Other 110BHP HDi faults? Not very many. I'd be looking out for faulty air mass meters on high milers. Other bits such as head gaskets atually seem quite robust.I'd also be asking if its ever had a clutch, not cheap and big labour to change.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Cheers Jon, is it a engine out job or can you get at the clutch after dropping the gearbox?
What sort of price will the L/P pump be?
Bernie
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Anyone else like to comment on the reliability of the Xantia hdi?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Clutch is gearbox off the side, engine stays where it is.
Still working out price on L/P pump (stock has still not arrived), better be good as going to keep one in stock at home for my HDi fleet!