Xantia earth points

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Xantia earth points

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
I'm hoping that someone out there knows where the earthpoint is in the Xantia dash. The interior light has stopped working in my Xantia (which is bloody fantastic when trying to strap a 2week old into a car seat when it's dark).
Well I tell a lie, the interior lights work ... All of the bloody time so I've removed the globes from them so they won't flatten the battery. At the same time the cruise control has stopped working, I don't know if this is related. The 'headlight on' warning buzzer always sounds (quietly) like it thinks there is a door open (even when there's not). If you open a door the door open buzzer sounds at full speed.
I've pulled the radio out and a few other trim peices off but can't find the earth point. The haynes fairy tale manual is absolute garbage for this car, it doesn't even give a clue to the location of the earth points.
Any ideas before I have to dismantle this whole bloody car just to find one stinking wire [}:)] [}:)]
thanks
Shane L.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

If you have a pre-face-lift Xantia, it could be a faulty door switch. Try disconnecting them one at a time.
If your Xantia is a face-lift, 1998 -on model, then all of those functions are controlled by the body computer, and that could be the fault.
Haynes says that it is the computer box clipped to the top of the heater blower unit. BTW, does anyone know the purpose of the computer box in this location on a pre-face-lift car, is it the A/C controller?
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Thanks,
yeah I've tried disconnecting the door pins --No difference.
There has got to be a computer of somesort somewhere that needs a decent earth. The Xantia is a '96 VSX 8valve slugomatic. The interior light has a time delay and switches on with the remote central locking. I've just got to find the earth point that needs cleaning[V]
Where is it though, and where is it's earth point [:(!]
seeya,
Shane L.