Xantia........2.1td or HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Xantia........2.1td or HDI

Post by paranoid »

Will probably eventually replace Xantia with the same in a couple of years.....Is the 2.1 td much better than the 1.9 or should I try a HDI, After looking at Jon's posts I am starting to wonder. Never got to try a 2.1 when I was on the spanners.
Feelingdum
My Cars:

Post by Feelingdum »

Go for the Hdi I had the straight 19D changed up to the 110 Hdi Wow what a difference. Only thing I didnt get was a lighter foot. Driving home with the 110 I looked down at the speedo to see the needle touching 95. Had to learn how to control a car all over again.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just replied to Jon's (telling him to hang in there!)
Got a 1.9 TD zx and a 2.0 HDi (90) Xantia
NO contest, even before chipping (and even now because i havent wound the chip up its only at 15% gain) the HDi is faster, more responsive and a helluva lot more fun to drive.
Fuel economy is around 48 mpg dropping to 39 when towing. I did think about the LPG conversion for DERV cars some places were offering, but its a whopping £2000! supposed to offer better economy and more torque...
Downside like anything is high millers are starting to show LP fuel pump faults and clutch faults, and everything is more ££££ than a 1.9 xud or 2.1 xud. Still dont let that put you off!