Headlights coming on on their own

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Charl07
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Feb 2026, 16:24

Headlights coming on on their own

Unread post by Charl07 »

Hi everyone, I've got a 2008 Citroen C4 Picasso that has had quite a few issues recently. The main fuseboard in the engine bay has burnt twice now, the first time because of water ingress and the second time because of a mouse. I have sorted the water issue and the mouse has been cleared with plans to use the car more to try and prevent this. Only issue is since the second fusebox change, the headlights have started coming on on their own. It happens about 20 seconds after anything is done, such as opening a door, locking or unlocking or pressing the headlight button on the key. I'm at a loss, moisture has been removed from the inside of the car and the fusebox and Bsi have been cleaned and dried indoors. Thanks in advance for any help
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21094
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8100

Re: Headlights coming on on their own

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

It sounds to me like the mouse may have done a bit more damage than you have found and possibly shorted out some other wires. Have a high end scan done and see if it highlights suspect areas. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Charl07
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Feb 2026, 16:24

Re: Headlights coming on on their own

Unread post by Charl07 »

I thought so too, but everything seems to work fine other than that so I wasn't sure. Thanks for the reply!