Hi,
After an old battery and frequent "Economy Mode" I have changed the battery.
Do I need to tell the BSI that I changed the battery?
Wondering because "Economy mode" still comes.
Battery replacement C5 X7 -14
-
Kees
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 602
- Joined: 16 Nov 2021, 16:16
- x 148
Re: Battery replacement C5 X7 -14
Yes, i think so, in the diagbox, the main screen, deliver new car, is a battery test, it ask for a card, but you can do the test without, it takes around 10 minutes.
-
Paul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1938
Re: Battery replacement C5 X7 -14
If the original battery was the correct specification and just replaced because it was old and you're putting the correct specification battery in then no.
The new battery might benefit from an overnight trickle charge in case it had been left on the shelf for a while before being sold. Also, just give it a couple of days for the car electronics to 'realise' a new battery is fitted.
You should get up to about 30 minutes of radio with the engine switched off but only if you've been driving the car for an equivalent length of time beforehand. A succession of short journeys won't be equivalent.
The new battery might benefit from an overnight trickle charge in case it had been left on the shelf for a while before being sold. Also, just give it a couple of days for the car electronics to 'realise' a new battery is fitted.
You should get up to about 30 minutes of radio with the engine switched off but only if you've been driving the car for an equivalent length of time beforehand. A succession of short journeys won't be equivalent.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson