judder on acceleration 1700-2000rpm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntheshop

judder on acceleration 1700-2000rpm

Post by johntheshop »

The wife has a xantia Td on a M reg and it judders on aceleration between 1700-2000rpm. It is very anoying and requires you to back off the throttle to feather it though the bad patch. Missus drives in this range constatntly and I can't take anymore.
I have another xantia for spares at the moment. It was my daily driver until last week until my gear box failed. I would like to transfer any parts to solve the judder on the wifes car before mine goes to the sprap yard in the sky.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
John
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

Engine mounts OK?
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Have you replaced the throttle cable recently or secured the old one perhaps?[?][?]
If so it sounds like the outer cable is attached to the engine but should be attached to the chassis of the car.[:)][:)]
fordsone27n
My Cars:

Post by fordsone27n »

If the engine is racing intermittantly this can be caused by air in the fuel system. The air can normally be seen in the clear pipe running between the fuel filer and the injector pump.
Can't guarantee this is the problem, but certainly worth checking.
Best of luck
AJ
johntheshop

Post by johntheshop »

Thanks guys.
I will check these suggestions today.
The best discription of the judder is if it was a petrol car it would be a plug breakdown or damp leads. However it is rain or shine and only between 1700-2000rpm
Thanks again and any further suggestions would be welcomed.
john