Xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

glynn25121100
My Cars:

Xantia suspension

Post by glynn25121100 »

Hi
I have just purchased a 1996 Xantia 2.0 Activa Turbo. Extremelly pleased with car apart from one little niggle.
Was having a new radio fitted at garage and went back an hour later to be told that my hydraulic suspension fluid had leaked all over their floor.[:(!]
Upon inspection i noticed that the reservoir filler cap was loose and the pipe that is attached to it was left to hang freely (presumeably a breather pipe?). If it isn't meant to hang freely where does it go? And does the filler cap just push on and is it meant to be air tight? Also does the needle have to be all the way down when reservoir is full?
Also does anyone know where to get a workshop manual as Haynes don't cover the Turbo petrol models and i hate paying garages to botch my cars.
Thanks
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

My breather just dangles down behind the LHM reservoir. The filler cap just pushes on.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Welcome to the forum Glynn.[:)]
The breather pipe hangs freely on mine as well,just drops down the side,& the cap just pushes on.Dont know if its meant to be air tight.
Try doing a search for "Activa" in the search facility at the top of the page,you may find info there.I know there may be some "cd" manuals.If you have any probs or questions,this is the place for them.
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Glynn,
Activae get the same problems as other Xantiae, then some more all of their own. Activa owners are left very much in the dark on Activa-specific problems. I've not found much written up as manuals, but there's lots of useful stuff and wise advice here.
I'd be a bit surprised if fluid all over the floor was due to loose filler cap?
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

What needle?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

As far as manuals are concerned, you can use the Haynes XM manual for the engine and the Xantia one for the rest apart from the Activa part of the suspension.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Does the XM manual also cover the newer V6 engine as fitted to the Xantia? And talking of Activae, I saw a green one in the GSF car park in Farnham the other day. Was that anyone here?