Citroen C2 VTS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xsaraboy
My Cars:

Citroen C2 VTS

Post by xsaraboy »

i have seen the new vts c2 looks quite nice with lower suspension 125bhp bigger wheels different interior
anyone seen it yet
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

shame they didnt get it more power really to make it as quick as the saxo vts if not more but Citroen say they are not interested in the power battle thats going on with small/medium hatches
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Last one I looked at came only with the stupid sequencial (spelling) gear box "no maual gears avalible on this model sir" siad the dealer. Lost interest straight away. Must say though, the darling wife said that a new VTR model would suit me in a couple of years. As with everything Citroen (except spares) in a couple of years a hand full of beans and some string will pay for it.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

125bhp???????? CRAP
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

They do the GT version.110bhp as the VTR,but normal manual gearbox.£700 cheaper than a VTR.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

£700 in 2 years at the current rate of exchange thats going to be approx 2.5 tins of beans 10 yards of string and one happy 2nd owner of a C2 VTR. I'm saving as we speak. [:D]
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

hi there the c2 citroen comes out here to australia with a 1.6 sensodrive.
It seems to be provoing quite popular except for the rough changing at times but i suspect that will improve over time....I think they are great...[:D]
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Only wish they had put the 180bhp engine from the Pug 206GTi in, or even the 136bhp 2 litre one from the vanilla 206GTi in it, now that would have made a exciting car. Renault have managed to pull off the trick of a lot of power in a light front wheel drive car which has turned the Clio into a bit of a cult car already.....think Citroen missed out on a great chance to turn the C2's image from a everyday luke warm hatch into a serious hot hatch to compete with the likes of the Clio, 206GTi180 and such.
The sad thing is Peugeot will probaby have leared from the 106/Saxo wars and when the new 107 comes the GTi version will probably be quicker than the C2.
Just my 2 cents!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

a gti version of that 107, gah! :)
well the saxo turned out to be a great seller and has a massive following with the younger type who like to modify cars etc, probably the most succesful of any small car around. Hardly any of these were vts's as well as they just wanted the image without the cost. This is why the c2 will do well I think as it looks good and is cheap and probably has free insurance knowing citroen.
But yes a 180bhp version would be interesting. Citroen are funny sometimes. I mean they have made a Super 1600 version of it for the junior world rally series, 220bhp 1.6, 6 speed etc but as yet they have only run it at a couple of events. With the old saxo super 1600 they ran a full on team. Anyway point is, they do make some mad competition ones ie the xsara wrc is winning both world rally championships but the hottest xsara was a mildy quick one with velour interior and practically no external modifications? Makes you wonder why they do it, can only presume for the overall publicity of winning high up motorsport etc
edit: cant believe i said younger type, im so OLD and only 27 argh but it means ive been driving for 10 years