Xantia TD BHP .

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Xantia TD BHP .

Post by adzbaby »

I was reading the early Xantia BHP post.
The discussion was about the xantia HDi engines.
What BHP is the late (m reg)94 1.9 TD engine, cause I took one out of one and it had an intercooler in front of the rad? I haven't seen infront of the rad on the car I put it in, thats an earlier 94 model with the badge on the bonnet, so I don't know if there is one in it.
As it happens it does seem a little faster since I swapped engines?But maybe thats just in my head?
Cheers.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The 1.9TD was 92BHP. All the Xantia 1.9TD's had the front mounted intercooler with the exception of the vary rare 1.9SD which had no intercooler and only made about 75BHP. These came out around "P" reg and are rare and best avoided.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Jon, as the 1.7td develops about 90BHP, I suppose that the 1.9 has greater torque?
Does this mean that a BX TD is quicker than a Xantia TD?
Jon

Post by Jon »

The 1.9TD has more torque, perhaps someone will tell us the figure?! I should think that the BX would be quicker than a Xantia due to its lighter weight. I had a J reg BX TD hatch for a few months and remember it being reasonably quick, certainly quicker than my Xsara HDi is now.
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Hi Tom, The BX TD is *far* faster than the Xantia TD, and indeed also quicker than a 306 D Turbo, and therefore also I would imagine ZX TD too...
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Xantia 1.9td,92bhp @ 4000rpm,148lbft @ 2200rpm.
Mine,115bhp @4000rpm,185lbft @ 2200rpm.