PROBLEMS WITH XANTIA!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

espzetec

PROBLEMS WITH XANTIA!

Post by espzetec »

OK, I have a 1.9 TD.
when the engine is running, i get a very slight noise. every 1-2 seconds on tick over. i can only describe this as a knocking sound. it increases with engine speed but is not so apparent as the engine noise drowns it out. it doesnt become worse under load it just speeds up i think.
secondly. again when the engine is running. i get a kind of hiss/squeel for want of a better word. i can only presume this is something to do with hydrolic suspension?
Brakes: i get a slight vibration under foot when i apply the brakes lightly. this only occurs for the first second or so when braking and then stops. again, is this a hydrolic problem?
final problem:
the rev gauge seems to work correctly when it wants to. it jumps about most the time, and not at all at others!!!
any help much appreciated
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Apart from the rev gauge your problems could all be caused bt a flat accumulator sphere.
It's a green ball attached to the front of the engine.
Changing it isn't that difficult if you can get a decent tool to it.
espzetec

Post by espzetec »

thanks mate. where do i get an accumulator sphere from and how much? where can i get the tools to complete the job. also is anyone kind enough to talk me through the process as i've only had the car 2 days!!! thanks