Window Winders and Door Latches

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

OwenP
My Cars:

Window Winders and Door Latches

Post by OwenP »

Found a couple of other problems with the car. These being that the drivers side winding mechanism is in bits (cable snapped, not sure whats been done to the rest of it but its no longer whole) and the latch on the same door is worn to the point that it won't keep the door shut for any lenght of time.
Are these fairly straight foward to replace or should I be looking at getting a garage to fix them?
Cheers
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If you can get then out form the door and get some newer ones from a breakers. It's a little fiddly but you can do it, just take your time.
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

no idea about the window winders (elec windows here) but the door latchs are fairly easy if fiddly in places. Ive got homer simpson fat finger syndrom so that never helps but ive done mine so often now i can do lock and latch replacement b4 my hotchoccy goes cold. (or in this weather before my "insert colddrink of choice" gets warm).
Make sure its not the pin (on the door frame which that latch clips into) that is worn! this happend on one of my doors and after a few door/lock rebuilds one afternoon i kicked myself when i looked at the pin. I think i just wrapped lots of insulation tape round it and it works fine. i keep meaning to replace it but forget everytime i go to the scrappy.
OwenP
My Cars:

Post by OwenP »

Ok perhaps not the best description, what I mean is the actual winding unit inside the door that is connected to the motor (elec ones here too.) As far as I can tell the motor/switch is fine just the cable unit is dead. The window is currently being held up by a piece of wood.
Its not the pin as this is what we thought it might have been, the latch is letting go when any amount of pressure is put on it.