C5 mirror & cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allmond
My Cars:

C5 mirror & cruise control

Post by allmond »

Hi
Well, I've had the new for about 5 months now and love it apart from two niggles that the local Cit garage have so far been unable to fix under warranty.
1 The indexing door mirror should look at the kerb when you go in reverse. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't, sometimes it will look at the sky, sometimes it will just sulk no matter what you do with the switch.
2 The cruise control won't come down below 40 mph. It's supposed to come down to 25. Also if you hold on to the minus switch, it should drop out when it reaches minimum speed. Because it never reaches minimum speed, it just carries on at 40 mph.
Anyone come across these problems?
Jamie
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Indexing door mirror. On the Xantia you had to set this by selecting reverse then adjusting the mirror. It gets out of line if you then adjust the normal position.
The cruise control problem has been discussed before, if the car is under warranty it should be fixed by the dealer. I forget what the cause was though.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

25mph = 40 kph, Sounds like the computer is not set up right, and thinks the signal it is getting is kph rather than mph. Can't remember if others got this sorted or not.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

all BSI units read in kph anyway and its the BSI & injection ECU that operate the cruise control,the instrument panel is the only part that uses mph so i dont think that side of the setting up is wrong.have you changed the wheel size at all ? if not i think another possibility is the wheel diamiter may be set incorectly in the ABS ECU.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.
My Xantia had the indexing mirror (that's why my next car had to have one - brilliant idea) so I know I'm setting it correctly, it's just random whether it works or not.
I know the cruise control should be fixed by the dealer (so should the mirror) but it seems to have stumped them.
I've thought about the mph and kph similarity but it's doing other things wrong as well.
No, I haven't changed the wheels.
Think it's time to write to Citroen!
Jamie