Xantia key remote unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Xantia key remote unit

Post by adzbaby »

I have a spare c/l remote unit which came with a Xantia I bought for the g'box.
On my other xantia the remote unit is knackered. Is it possible your swap them over and the infra red units so the remote unit from the spare car works in the car I run? I guess thats the only way?!
Thanks.
P.S. Is it straight forward or not worth the hassle?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

For a change it's easy!
Unscrew the battery cover on the key fobs and carefully pull out the entire circuit boards. Swap the good board into the fob with the right key. Now with your spare key (*) turn the ignition onto the first stage (I think, but will get corrected if wrong!) and point the remote (get it close) at the receiver dome on the roof, and press the 1st button a few times. Turn the ignition off and your remote should now work.....
*If you haven't got a spare key, I guess there's no reason you couldn't do it with the board out of the fob, or still in the old fob, then swap them over. In fact that might be the best way to check it works without buggering about with the boards first.
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Ta richard will give it a go!!!
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

Hmmm been trying it but still no luck!!
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

When you say the 1st button which one do you mean, is the button the one thats closest to the infra-red led thing, the one that opens the locks (although I have been trying both!!) and also when you say 1st stage wht do you mean by that? There are a numbker or markers on the ignition surround, is the 1st stage indicated by the 1st mark on the surround or the 1st stage when the light comes on the console i.e. the hand brake light? Sorry for being so pedantic but I can't get the thing to work!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

This topic explains it:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... ,reprogram
No guarantee that your new plip is any good either (I blew both of my good ones up with a TIG welder. ooops. You get used to using the key again pretty soon, and it stops Xantia-False-Alarm-Syndrome!)