[SOLVED] Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
the-termin8r
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 345
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
x 143

[SOLVED] Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by the-termin8r »

EDIT:

Problem solved, photo attached.
X8Z DT20C 3.0 HDI V6 service intervals.png
_____

Hi all,

I've decided to keep the 3L C5 X7 that I bought a month ago without service history. I was wondering if anyone that owns any Citroen from late 2009 to maybe 2012 could share some pages from their service stamp book. I'm specifically looking for all pages that list official mileage intervals for fluids, belts and whatever else. Unfortunately, the service book for my 2L misses the crossover point between the 2.7L and 3L HDI so I only have the info for the 2.7 (images below for anyone that might need them) and the blank book I bought is one of the new ones with no useful info in it. I know it's actually a Ford engine and that loads of JLRs use it, so I'm yet to look for their info (as per wurlycorner's advice). But I'm kind of OCD about it and want the PSA numbers. Funnily enough, both of us are in the same boat of having bought slightly dodgy 3Ls with no service history and could both use the info. LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Attachments
20250426_210920.JPG
20250426_210911.JPG
20250426_210902.JPG
20250426_210855.JPG
20250426_210848.JPG
20250426_210839.JPG
Last edited by the-termin8r on 12 May 2025, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.

If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive
PaulC5
Donor 2024
Posts: 2615
Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
x 682

Re: Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by PaulC5 »

If you post your VIN admin might have somewhere from where they can provide the service schedule. Otherwise you could visit a Citroen dealer and get them to print it out. This will also include the latest oil spec.
User avatar
the-termin8r
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 345
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
x 143

Re: Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by the-termin8r »

I assumed Marc was the only one with access to the system, good to know that's not the case.

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

As for asking a main dealer, good joke. I wouldn't trust a main dealer to breathe without being specifically instructed and closely supervised.
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.

If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive
PaulC5
Donor 2024
Posts: 2615
Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
x 682

Re: Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by PaulC5 »

Your main dealer does not sound good if you do not trust them, ours seems ok and we have been using them for 9 years. Probably not best though to name/shame them on this forum, the rules might not allow it. Ours printed out an up to date service schedule for our 308 when I asked which included the latest oil spec which had changed early last year.
User avatar
the-termin8r
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 345
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
x 143

Re: Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by the-termin8r »

I made a post here almost two years ago that chronicled the misery of main dealers and officially authorised places I've been through. I'd sooner gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon than go anywhere near one ever again. I use the Chevronic Centre religiously now, they've been exemplary. Funnily enough, I might be able to ask them for a schedule at some point.
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.

If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive
User avatar
the-termin8r
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 345
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
x 143

Re: Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by the-termin8r »

Went for a walk during lunch, turns out there was a main dealer near my workplace that I've walked past before that I just forgot about. Figured it couldn't hurt to see if they can indeed provided the info. Took them a couple of attempts to find the car in the system, but ultimately they managed. Looks like the service schedule is more or less that of the 2.7, except the timing belt is rated at 160K miles under normal conditions. That to me is unhinged considering I had my 2L done at about 85K (official rating being 95K). I definitely wouldn't leave the 3L to 160K that seems way too high.
Attachments
X8Z DT20C 3.0 HDI V6 service intervals.png
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.

If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive
wurlycorner
Donor 2024
Posts: 2177
Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 22:37
x 271

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by wurlycorner »

FWIW this is the service schedule Land Rover specify for the same engines (2.7 and 3.0 lion v6)

https://media.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albu ... 2012MY.pdf
IMG_1959.png
IMG_1960.png
The engine is in a slightly higher tune and you might ‘expect’ the engine to be worked harder in that vehicle, but the service intervals are much reduced. 112k for the timing belts on the 3.0…
Last edited by wurlycorner on 12 May 2025, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
--
Iain

'85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (met. blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (met. silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (met. light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & met. green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
'11 C5 X7 3.0 V6 Exclusive Tourer
User avatar
the-termin8r
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 345
Joined: 29 Dec 2022, 22:31
x 143

Re: [SOLVED] Looking for info from someone who owns a Citroen with a service book circa. late 2009-12

Unread post by the-termin8r »

I went looking for the JLR info but only really got generic servicing info for Range Rovers or speculation from non-owners. Most of the replies were along the lines of "log into your JLR service portal thing" which obviously doesn't apply here. Guess I wasn't looking in the right places.
- Rob

My account accidentally got deleted late Dec '23, so if you're reading my posts from then or earlier and they look weird / are missing media, that's why. There's no fix, sorry.

If you're reading any of my posts with missing design files, find them on my Google drive