Girling rear drum brakes

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

Girling rear drum brakes

Post by batwad »

I replaced one of the rear cylinders on my 306 on Saturday as it had been leaking brake fluid, which meant of course replacing the brake shoes as well as they'd got all mucky. I couldn't help but notice that the return springs weren't in fantastic condition, but particularly worrying was the automatic adjuster strut mechanism thingy. I'm not convinced that it had actually been working correctly and I don't really have great confidence in it for the future.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a new set of springs and adjuster wotsits from either GSF or a dealership? They seem like quite simple bits, so I'm hoping they'd be quite cheap, but I wouldn't put it past Pug to surprise me...
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Replacement spring and pin sets need to be bought from a dealership. I had to provide the chassis number to get them from a Citroen dealer for my Xsara.
Suppose the adjuster strut can be bought there too, but I doubt mine work either. I just manually adjust them each time I service the rear drums - you don't get much wear between 20,000 mile checks on the shoes, so the adjusters don't have much to do anyway.