THP 156 smoke
-
pug_100
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 09 Apr 2025, 14:09
THP 156 smoke
When i start my 208 1.6 THP 156 bhp it kicks out black smoke and smells really rich. Once I've taken it for a drive it stops. The car drives absolutely fine and has plenty of power. Can anybody shed some light on the problem?
-
xantia_v6
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 10970
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
- x 1460
Re: THP 156 smoke
Is the smoke present for cold starts and hot starts?
How long does it last?
How long does it last?
-
pug_100
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 09 Apr 2025, 14:09
Re: THP 156 smoke
I am not entirely sure how long it smokes for, I would have to time it tomorrow. 1st start of the day is when it does smoke quite a bit.
I have noticed the smell when i have taken the car out for a short drive (when the engine was still warm before the journey)
My brother happened to pull up behind me one day. i revved the car to maybe 4500 rpm and he said the exhaust looked sooty (the car was up to operating temperature).
I have noticed the smell when i have taken the car out for a short drive (when the engine was still warm before the journey)
My brother happened to pull up behind me one day. i revved the car to maybe 4500 rpm and he said the exhaust looked sooty (the car was up to operating temperature).
-
pug_100
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 09 Apr 2025, 14:09
Re: THP 156 smoke
First start. (I forgot to time the durarion of smoke) my obd2 scanner showed short term fuel trim -16%