Good evening all,
I'm after a bit of advice from you lovely bunch.
I have recently bought a 14 plate C4 picasso with a 1.6 e-hdi engine.
I noticed on a cold start, the battery was struggling to crank the engine, so I bought a new battery and installed it. After which, as recommended on this forum, did a BSI reset procedure.
All was good, engine was cranking much better.
However, a couple of weeks later, I randomly had a battery charge fault pop up on the dash.....checked the battery voltage and it was clear the battery was not receiving any voltage from the alternator.
Auxiliary belt looks brand new and so does the tensioner pulley, so was pretty confident it was nothing to do with the belt.
Turned the engine off, let it stand for 20 minutes, started the engine and the voltage was back up to 13.5v and the charge error disappeared.
At this point I thought it was maybe a bit of a glitch, and carried on using the car and monitoring the voltage via Live data streaming through the OBD port.
Some thing I noticed whilst doing this, was that at times, the voltage would sometimes drop to as low as 12.2 volts for a while and then jump back up to 13.5 after a little while. (No charge fault at this point)
I gathered this may be normal as my car is utilising a smart alternator.
This week, the charge error came back again after about 2 weeks of me not seeing it since the 1st time of happening
I did a fault check and just had a standard battery voltage fault B1626.
I rescanned the car today and now I have a configuration fault B1003 and battery charge status unit configuration fault B1606.
Does anyone have any idea what my problem may be here?
Could it be the fact I've installed a new battery and not coded to the ECU? The battery specs are the same as my old one just a different brand.
Faulty charge status unit?
Faulty alternator or wiring?
And advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks