xantia heater control panel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

xantia heater control panel

Post by crooser »

i have just repaired the plastic gear wheels in the heater panel on a 97 xantia.easy to get to, all the screws are accessible. but then you have to pull the unit out about 3 inches to release the cables and thats where the problem starts.all the spare room under the dash and citroen in their wisdom make the cables the minimum length.if the cables had been a couple of inches longer the whole job would have been easy.it got me to thinking how many other jobs on a citroen would have been easy if some design team had thought of aftermsrket access.how much easier a cambelt change would be if there was another inch,or radiator removal and no doubt a dozen other jobs.no wonder people turn down secondhand citroens for the simple reason that "you can't work on them"
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Rear brake drums on ZX TD![:0]
So much easier if you could take off the drum without removing the large centre nut/bearings, therefore necessitating (big word for me, wife spelt it!) the need for a torque wrench.
crooser

Post by crooser »

or replacing a little bulb in the instrument panel.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Replacing instrument bulbs in the early BX's used to be really easy, there was an access panel that just popped off. Shame this design wasn't used in any later Citroens as some are a real pain in the behind, especially those with airbags.