Xantia stearing wheel cd buttons - help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ChuckleVision.com

Xantia stearing wheel cd buttons - help

Post by ChuckleVision.com »

<b>Car Details:</b>
Xantia SX 1.9 TD (1996 P)
<b>My question if any one can help!:</b>
There is a cable on the boot for a CD changer unit, but the tape player currently in the car is not CD compatible, so who ever had the car before me replaced the original. For this reason I am going to purchase a second hand CD player (Clarion seems to be the one that will fit) and CD changer.
Will the CD buttons on the steering wheel automatically start working when I change it? Is there anything else I should do or check before purchasing it?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
ChuckleVision.com

Post by ChuckleVision.com »

Also I forgot to mention:
Does any one have a compatiable CD player and CD changer for sale?
Thanks
crooser

Post by crooser »

you can buy a sony cd unit and get an adaptor cable from the edworthy web site and your steering controls will still work.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If you fit a genuine Citroen Cd player, the steering buttons will work straight away, other wise you'll have to buy one of these wiring adaptors. I recently bought the whole set up for my Xsara, that's Citroen CD compatible head unit, Cd changer off E-bay all in for £70 but the cable from Citroen was £40 so all in all well worth the waiting and bidding on E-bay. [:D]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I put a cd changer in the boot of mine.I still have the standard rds cassette.All i had to do was wire in cd player & control,then using an adapter,connect the cd input to the stereo aerial.Then tune to 91.5fm to listen to the cds.