Xantia Backseats - Underneath them.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Xantia Backseats - Underneath them.....

Post by adzbaby »

I have had this problem since I got the car and its really annoying and I just wondering if any others have had it and managed to fix it.
When I fold the back seats down i.e. pull up the seat and put the back rest/seat down, under the seat it is always wet and in the winter due to wet weather it is soaking; pools of water. And due to this in the winter the car is always misted up. I have no idea where the water might be coming from and although I have lived with it; only a minor prob; it does pee me off.[V]
Any suggestions?
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Possibly the seal around the top of the tailgate? Just dirty perhaps. The rear screen wipe has been known to leak into the car too. Put a plastic sheet over the seats and turn the hose pipe on it or just wash it for change[:0]
Otherwise it will have to be a leaking seam in the floor pan. R
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Is it a hatchback or estate??
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I had a problem with my xantia of wet carpets and found the water ngress was because of a poorly fitted rear door seal. I removed the seal and refitted it in a different position. Job Done. Another cause may be the sunoof drain hoses may be blocked, they just need a pipe cleaner or wire pushing up the hose and water will flow out.
Regards
Paul
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

If its an estate,its proberly the plastic membrain inside the tailgate.Its supposed to stop water getting in around the wiper motor area.You would have to remove the tailgate cover/carpet,then you would see it.Its proberly come away from the sealer,then the water would enter the car,run under the boot carpet & down under back seats.Have had this a couple of times.I removed the cover,cleaned all the old sealer off everything,then restuck it using caravan mastic strip.About 1" wide by 10 ft a roll.Sealed it all up with that,no probs since.
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

My Xantia used to flood under the back seats when the rear sunroof drains were part blocked. Unblocking is straightforward and described well in other posts - have a search for sunroof and you'll find it.