indicator problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

suealec
My Cars:

indicator problems

Post by suealec »

CAN ANY ONE HELP I OWN A Citroen SYNERGIE PROBLEM IS THE INDICATORS KEEP GOING INTO HAZARD MODE WHEN YOU INDICATE RIGHT OR LEFT THIS WILL NOT PUT ITSELF RIGHT UNTIL THE BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR, THIS USED TO HAPPEN ONCE A MONTH NOW ITS BECOMING A DAILY FAULT
AL
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Dodgy hazards switch ??
suealec
My Cars:

Post by suealec »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Dodgy hazards switch ??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">hi Anders tried disconnecting hazard switch get nothing at all any way of checking the switch. Just started happening the left side indicator is staying on perminately even with the ignition off till i disconnect the battery and when i lock the car the indicators do not flash to say car is alarmed when i phone Citroen dealers no one seems to want to help. PLEASE ANY MORE HELP
ALEC
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try having alook inside the steering coloum shrouding. Take off shrouding and just double check that no wires are chaffing. This can lead to all sorts of electrical problems. As for the dealers not wanting to help, well hello! thats about right for most Citroen dealers. Best bet is find a good Citroen or Peugeot independant and have a word with him. If your in the West Midlands area then give modern citroen a call. Think they have a web page now
www.automend.com/moderncitroen [:D]
suealec
My Cars:

Post by suealec »

Hi Stuart yes had a good look at all the wiring cannot find any chaffing at all its got me stumped Alec
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">tried disconnecting hazard switch get nothing at all any way of checking the switch.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Alec
Don't understand what that sentence means! Do the indicators still stay on when the hazard switch is disconnected?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just started happening the left side indicator is staying on perminately even with the ignition off till i disconnect the battery
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That supports the theory that is is something to do with either the alarm or hazard circuitry, as these are permanently powered. The fact that an indicator is permanently on should be a good help for tracing the fault by disconnecting things to see where the rogue feed is coming from. Have you a wiring diagram?
Forget the dealers [:(]
suealec
My Cars:

Post by suealec »

Mike ... when i disconnect the hazard switch i lose all indicators and hazards with and without ignition on,i am presuming this is normal as when every thing is working okay i still lose all indicators when i disconnect the hazard swich.(no i have not got a wiring diagram
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi Al
OK - they should stop working if hazard switch dissed. It is difficult to proceed without some knowledge of the wiring (which I do not have for this model) but if only one side comes on with ignition off, then the hazard switch itself is a prime suspect; its function is to disconnect both sides from the 'normal' indicator switch and feed them directly - it would seem as though the LH side is being fed through a leak/short in the switch. If you had a diagram you could link out the switch and see if everything else worked. Maybe worth geting a switch from a scrappy and ebaying it if it is not the problem?
suealec
My Cars:

Post by suealec »

thanks for your help readers it looks like it was the alarm unit gave the contacts a squirt and clean and it has not gone wrong for a week now i am keeping my fingers crossed again thanks for the replys
ALEC