How much????

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

How much????

Post by Stuart McB »

Just been past the local Citroen dealer. My attention caught by an older looking shaped car. Turns out to be a bright white 'R' reg 1.4i ZX leader with 29k on the clock. The price......£2999!! [:0] I kid you not, that's £2999 [:0]. Good looking car with next to no milage but thats the same price as my one owner Xsara VTR with all the bits. No leccy bits and the orginal stereo. The daeler told me the usual "little old lady blah, blah, blah," I'm shocked after I paid only £595 for a ZX TD on an 'L' reg with leccy bits.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

The correct price for a car - is always what someone is willing to pay [:D][:D]
- obviously you're not someone on this ZX [8)]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

You have to joke at some prices, theres a L reg zx 16v on autotrader for £2000 at the moment and the book figure is only about £1200, hes having a laugh
Then at the other end of the scale, theres one of the v.v.v.rare P reg zx 16v's with the 167bhp spec engine on ebay, on £1800 with 9 days left. As Jon the admin found out recently there are only 15 registered in this country still and probably only ever about 25-30. Would be a nice car but then on ebay normal 150/155bhp 16v's go for £700 max so simpler to get one of those and spend a grand getting way more power than 167 out of the engine. It doesnt even have air con etc
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

...theres one of the v.v.v.rare P reg zx 16v's with the 167bhp spec engine on ebay, on £1800 with 9 days left...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Bidding on your own car - we've all done that! [:)]
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

If it was a TD I'd see some reason why, but for the 1.4, that's a daft price!!
There's a '95 N 1.9D on autotrader with 38,000 for the same price!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Sad to say if they didn't think they were going to get it(or very near) they would bother....
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The really irritating thing is they probably gave the person they bought it from about £500 as part ex.
"Ah well its an obsolete model madam, no one wants these anymore, blah blah......."
I remember my grandad being conned in a similar way by a Citroen dealer when he traded in his 8000 mile 2 year old GSA for a new BX. He wasn't amused at all when he saw it on their forecourt a week later for just over double what they given him for it!
Nick
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Been past today and guess what [?]. The ZX is still there but next to it is a 1.4 Xsara 5 door with 57k on the clock on a 'Y' reg good condition and only a grand more thats £3999 WHAT !!!! [:0]. Again the sales staff gave the shpeil out. "local owner, full history," all the usual. Me thinks that there may be a pricing problem.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

They've probably based the price on what the components are worth according to Citroën's new spares pricing policy(!!)
//NiSk
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

I sold my Saxo VTR back to the Citroen dealer last year, I had it on Elect 3, it was easier that way[:I]
They gave me £4200 for it! I asked, not really caring, how much would they put it up for? £5000-£5500 was their reply, I saw it on the forecourt two days later[:0] £6295.<b> £2095</b> more than they gave me, <b>50%</b> mark up. Robbing B@#*$%ds!![:(!]
I was given loads of spiele by the salesman...oh there's no service history, it's lowered, oh that's not the original stereo and that stainless steel exhaust could be a problem..... Didn't seem to be that big a problem, they just valeted it and put it up for sale. It wasn't there later in the week, they must have had real trouble shifting that.[:(!][V]
I had loved that car, cleaned it, serviced it myself every 6ooo miles, uprated brakes, etc.
We live and learn..at least I've got a mans' car now instead of a boys!!
No offence to any Saxo owners out there, just wipe your eyes and put your dummy back in.[:D]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

yes ive had pleasure overtaking saxo vtr owners in the past in their totally yobbed up cars. I wouldnt mess with a vts though, that would eat my zx