checking my cars level

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mosser
My Cars:

checking my cars level

Post by Mosser »

Is there anywhere on the car that is level that i can put a spirit level on before i do a gearbox oil change to make sure i have the car 100% level before i refill the gearbox?
I ask because my driveway and local roads are quite hilly and we dont have any truly flat roads anywhere around but i am quite happy to jack the car up and put the front on axle stands of the correct height to make sure it is level for the refill
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Just as a rough guess I would say the floor area. Not much to work with , but floors generally appear to be paralell with the groud. If it's a left to right horizontal you're after, then open both fron windows and place a length of wood through the car, resting on the main door tops. I'm sure you get the picture. Hope this is of some small inspiration to ya [:)]
Cheers
Phil
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

You could use a piece of hosepipe or, preferably, clear tubing, i.e. windscreen washer pipe, between the hub centres- put water in the pipe, and raise car until the water is level at each hub- hey, presto!car is dead level!!!This is the age old method of levelling large/awkward objects, and in the building trade is known as a "water level", great for levelling footings, etc, and a lot cheaper than a laser.
Failing this, just use the local multi-story or supermarket car park!
Mosser
My Cars:

Post by Mosser »

Both excellent ideas!, cheers, I will get onto the gearbox oil now as i am working from home today