Xantia Activa brake discs and pads

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MECH
My Cars:

Xantia Activa brake discs and pads

Post by MECH »

Hello!
I own Xantia Activa 2.0i Turbo -95. It´s time to change front and rear brake discs and pads, and now only desicion is to choose right material.
Price does not matter, and I have been looking for some EBC grooved discs and Redstuff pads.
EBC catalog shows that my front discs should be only 22mm thick with minium thickness of 20mm. But when I measured my disc, the part of it which wasn´t eaten by the pad was 26mm wide...
Does anyone know what are the real sizes of front- and rear discs and pads in Xantia Activa??
-BIIIGG THANK IN ADVANCE[:)]!!
stephen burch
My Cars:

Post by stephen burch »

MECH....It may seem like a daft question but did you tap the rust off the edge of the disc before you measured it?
I have an Activa and have found that the standard discs bought from Andyspares with Lucas pads are good enough for all weather driving in the UK but seeing as the weather is generally much worse in Finland then I can understand you considering a brake upgrade.
MECH
My Cars:

Post by MECH »

"did you tap the rust off the edge of the disc"
Yes. There was only about 0,2mm of rust.
The thinnest area that has been eaten by the pad is 24,5 mm thick and the disc looks very old.
Is it really so, that no one in this forum hasn´t changed their discs on Activa models??