Ideal for the "inthusiast" (sic)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Ideal for the "inthusiast" (sic)

Post by Jon »

Whatever next!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 31075&rd=1
Ebay is at least a constant source of entertainment to me.[:)]
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

Its a source of income for me. Idiots like him dont know how to advertise things properly. Spelling mistakes and not giving enough information especially in the title knocks a huge percentage off the final price due to lack of attention/interest.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

People not putting mileage in ebay car auctions annoys me almost as much as cars for sale in the local paper which dont have a price or state the cars colour! argh
phil02

Post by phil02 »

Well, if the limited description's correct, this is something pretty unique - how many BX 4-door saloons did they make then? [:p]
Rest assured someone will bid on it - regardless of whether they actually want it or intend to pay for it...
Speaking as a non-inthusiast, love the beautiful two-tone bodywork/bumper finish, but anyone's guess how long it's been in that barn since he's declined to tell us.
Wonder if my AX will too be a vintage collectors item soon? (crosses fingers)[:D]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Oh yes, the AX will become a collectors item, in the same way as the 1957 Vauxhall Victor did - despite it being one of the worst designed and engineered cars ever made, which totally disintegrated even in the mildest of crashes and which came from the factory with full-feathered rust - so few of them survived that they are almost unique . . . (now I'm not saying anything nasty about AX's, am I?) . .
//NiSk
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Slight restoration required? Is that the barn or the BX?. [:D]
My brothers BX was that colour with that interior as well.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by phil02</i>

Well, if the limited description's correct, this is something pretty unique - how many BX 4-door saloons did they make then? [:p]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Mine were all listed as saloon on the V5, I guess that's where he got the description.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

BX 16REs were, I understand, imported into the UK as a result of a misunderstanding by Citroen UK. They are a detuned XUD 1580cc and were sold as the BX15 in France. They featured a manual choke and different Weber carb to other 16s.
This has the unlovely "leader" trim inside - about the cheapest/nastiest interior Citroen ever provided for the BX. However, as it's within 10 miles I may take a look at it - as a BX "inthusiast". As a collector's car? Well, maybe to a collector of BXs (who's used to obtaining them, in the UK at least, for next to nothing). I dread to think of the state of the hydraulic pipes (though BXs of this particular vintage are normally very rust-resistant otherwise).
Perhaps I should buy it for Anders....
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

... wife looking over my shoulder says "dont you dare David" [:p]
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Can't quite see how I'd get it to Denmark on "Nul £" anyway, Anders.... so your wife can probably breathe a sigh of relief.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

'inthusiast' is only half the story. Today's search results for 'Citroen' is only 239. Usually it's a lot more.
How difficult is it to spell Citroen ?
Spelling and Ebay certainly don't go together.
cheers
norrie[8D]
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Don't they just not go together! Just spotted a BX14RE on ebay in that distinctive cream exterior and brown trim reeking of 1980s france, advertised as having an "IMPECABLE" interior.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 87377&rd=1
While I like it, there are many others who have used more...erm....interesting language to describe this colour combination.
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

"Used once a week by an old lady to go to the shops" Fantastic! Hearing Aid Beige as well, you couldn't make it up......
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

This one is even better, you don't even get a picture!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 49714&rd=1
phil02

Post by phil02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NiSk</i>

Oh yes, the AX will become a collectors item, in the same way as the 1957 Vauxhall Victor did - despite it being one of the worst designed and engineered cars ever made, which totally disintegrated even in the mildest of crashes and which came from the factory with full-feathered rust - so few of them survived that they are almost unique . . . (now I'm not saying anything nasty about AX's, am I?) . .
//NiSk
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That was mean[:(]
In that case, may I refer your attention to this?
http://www.uglycars.co.uk/uglycars.asp?offset=30
Do I see an AX in there? Uh-uh.[:D]
I'll be quiet now and wait apprehensively for the hordes of BX owners to come and pull my limbs out and beat me to death with them.
Oh, and AXs don't rust very easily[;)]
Phil