97 xantia abs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drkstuart
My Cars:

97 xantia abs

Post by drkstuart »

checked the abs ecu pin resistances and i found that the n/s/f sensor is open circuit.the question now,is it a break in the wiring or is the sensor faulty?as i am a little fussy can i have the correct guess please.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Nor sure of the position of the first cable join on the Xantia, but it can't be too far from the sensor, otherwise Citroën would have to sell a sensor with miles of cable on it. Find the joint, pull it apart and do a resistance measurement towards the sensor - if no luck, then you can try shortening the cable to the sensor to see if it's u/s. If you get a steady reading from the joint, it's in the wiring between the ABS ECU and the joint. At least it's a front sensor, I have had to replace all the wiring to the rear sensors on my XM - stupid original routing makes them suseptable to damage from gravel roads (lots of which we have here in Sweden).
//NiSk
drkstuart
My Cars:

Post by drkstuart »

thanks for the advice NisK i will do as you suggest.please don't mention xm.my next job is on my 95 xm.on the heater control panel the bulb has gone on the temperature display[climate control].one bulb 1cm long and i have to remove the steering wheel and dash to get to it.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

That's the reason why my clock/external temp display is still black!
//NiSk
drkstuart
My Cars:

Post by drkstuart »

shame on you NiSK.i've just done my bulb it was easier than the abs.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi Derek,
perhaps who describe the job. I have some duff lights on my XMV6sei which I would like to remedy. Also I need to know about taking the steering wheel off. Is it just a big nut under the trim like most cars, what size spanner. Also the speedo light has packed up so I undid the screws as indicated by the Haynes (which I looked at in H--ds but wouldn't buy it cause it doesn't deal with V6 engine) but when I started to pull with my fingers one of the seams started to crumble/split so I gave up?
drkstuart
My Cars:

Post by drkstuart »

paul,all i did was follow the haynes manual taking special note of the airbag precautions.if you have a cable speedo be careful when you remove the instrument panel.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hi Derek - do you mean the clock/temp display is accessable via the instrument binnacle? I've had that off a number of times.
//NiSk
crooser

Post by crooser »

NiSK,mine is a 95 slightly different interior than the earlier xm's.you need to remove the steering wheel and then release the steering column shrouds.the bottom shroud drops off leaving the top one loose.lower the column on it's adjustable bracket and the top shroud will come out a couple of inches.if you undo all the screws on the front fascia,not forgetting the one in the centre behind the switches[prise out the alarm warning light and the screw is behind it.you can then release the fascia and with nimble fingers you can replace the bulb in the temperature display.all wiring plugs are one way only and colour coded so reconnection is easy.i am presuming that you have the later style dash.