306 suspension noise

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joe_m

306 suspension noise

Post by joe_m »

I've been noticing some noise coming from the front of my 99 ph3 DTurbo, its mainly noticeable on uneven roads at low speed - kind of squeaky rattle is the best way I can describe it. There is also an occasional slight 'clunk' when making long turns at around 30-40mph. The car was serviced recently and I asked them to check it out but they said they could find nothing wrong, as did another mechanic who had a look as a favour. He did suggest that it might be the bushings on the antiroll bar but had a good look and said everything seemed fine.
Does anyone have suggestions or is this just normal suspension noise?
P 2501

Post by P 2501 »

It does sound like the anti roll bar drop links, but these usually go later in the cars life. How many miles has it done?
joe_m

Post by joe_m »

Is that a tricky and or expensive job to fix? The car has done 53k miles
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

These are quite easy to replace, Wheels off 17mm spanner, angle grinder or mole grips if the ball joint starts to spin and replace.
there are two types and are interchangeable, I changed mine from plastic to the metal type.
These normally last 20 - 30k and are a common fault
Good luck
Kevin
joe_m

Post by joe_m »

thanks Kevin, I'll see if I can fix it
will16v
My Cars:

Post by will16v »

i am replacing these - is it best to do both sides?
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

I normally replace the one side at a time, usually the nearside, at one time. Also try to buy the best quality ones as the last longest. The newer ones have two flats to enable a spanner to be fitted to the opposite side to the lock nut to enable tightening and removal.
Kevin