Xantia is on the blink

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ripsaw82
My Cars:

Xantia is on the blink

Post by ripsaw82 »

My Xantia (94 2.0i SX) is acting very strange. The red led on the dash for the alarm is flashing very fast ALL the time unless the alarm is set, then it goes to normal blink rate. When i start the engine the front head lights flash for about 30 seconds, along with the diped headlights indicator on the dash. It does this when i open the door too, (but only sometimes) Now its only done this today, it went for an MOT earlyer and failed. One of the fails was passenger side full beam does not work. So its only since changing the bulb (which was found not to be gone) that this has started. So i have dodge blinking and my passenger full beam does still not work, but did after spraying WD40 on the connecter where the bulb fits in, but has stopped again.
Any ideas?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

My alarm/alarm light does the same thing every now and then.Have a look under the passenger side carpet in the front foot well.Theres a load of wires in a connection block.When mine starts to misbehave,i spray it full of WD40.This cures it for another few months.Water leaking in on mine.Might be the same on yours.