Alarming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lozian
My Cars:

Alarming

Post by lozian »

Used to have a Xantia 1.8i 8v petrol 1993. No problem with alarm. Now have a 1997 1.8i 16v petrol with A/C etc. Dual operation to set alarm via remote with key press to set lock and second key press to set alarm and deadlocks. Alarm will set up and flashing led indicator on dash as normal. Occasionally, the alarm activates after some hours ( normally 4 a.m.!!) but only "howls" for sometimes 4 or 5 times with flashing of headlights etc. and then goes silent, and flashing led on dash, apparently back to normal. Indication of activation, is flashing led on dash after entering car, if triggering of alarm has not been heard. Have tried activating without internal sensors via switch on dash, but still get alarm fault. Local Citroen garage man advises changing "black box" under accessory tray on central console at great cost (£100 or more) !!!. Any help would be appreciated. Also has anybody any info on how to stop or replace the "bubbling" chrome strips on the doors and bumpers.<font size=4></font id=size4>
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I had this very fault with the alarm on my 2.1TD Xantia estate when I got it new in 1998. The alarm and deadlocks would set and everything appear correct, but sometimes during the night the alarm would sound and the lights would flash. The car went back to the dealer several times without any improvement. Finally, they changed the rear door lock and since then it has not given any trouble.