Driving abroad - Blingo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Driving abroad - Blingo

Post by Jon »

Hi all,
Taking my Blingo to France in 3 weeks, and can't work out how to get the headlamps to dip the other way, or at least get them so that they do not blind oncoming French people.[:p]
Its the Mk2 Berlingo with the big plastic lenses, the lenses are clear and have none of the usual patterns where you would stick tape or those deflecter things.
Anyone got any ideas?
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

I've used the stick on deflector lenses (the type that redirects the beam) on the Xantia and they worked well. If I understand your problem it's that you are not sure where on the lense to position the deflector. In that case can you not do it by trial and error in the dark so that you can assess the changes ? I guess the problem with thiat will be the adhesive though.
Mark
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I have had this problem with the Ka. No converters available.
I parked up before a garage door and placed bits of black tape over the lights until the offset was removed. It is a bit hit and miss but it works with patience.
Where in France are you going to?
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Once upon a time, decades ago, I owned a Renault. It didn't need stick-on adjustments because the bulb position could be changed for here or there. Could be with clear lenses that there's some smart adjustment instead?
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

Jon,
This site has a fitting guide for the beam benders showing wher to fit these to clear lenses
http://www.saxonind.co.uk/Beambenderfitguide.pdf
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thanks for that, Beam Bender doc has just the diagram needed!
Tom, I'm going to somewhere apparently just outside Poitiers, going to a friend's wedding, they have not sent the exact details yet.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Nice part of the world Jon. Ask the locals who sells wine from the farm. You'll have to bring your own bottles but it is worth the effort!
mikgram

Post by mikgram »

I`ve used the stick on ones in the past without any problems you can proberbly get them from Halfords or The RAC ,AA just stick em on and drive.
Mike
happychap

Post by happychap »

i have been going over there for years ,always take a triangular shaped bit of fablon easy on easy off never any problems
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

Last time I went to the Loire valley for a week, the stick on benders I had had lying unopened for a while fell off. I guess I should have cleaned the glass better. The best I could find in the car was the sticky back from a carpark ticket. Painted with a black biro and cut in half, this lasted fine despite the rain.
Fablon sounds much more durable and not much more expensive.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Beam masks for the Xantia are a complicated shape - each mask cuts off the top right and the bottom left areas, with the two pieces joined by a narrow strip. Both headlamps are slightly different. When I got my Xantia in '98, I bought a Lucas kit for the model. I stuck the two silhouettes onto a piece of tin plate and cut them to shape. I need new masks three times a year, so by putting the templates on a sheet of Fablon and cutting with a Stanley knife, I quickly make up a set.