Another question re ZX....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

esscargo
My Cars:

Another question re ZX....

Post by esscargo »

Is there a model ZX that had 15 inch wheels i was wondering if some of those wheel covers might fit on my C3 if anyone had some spare they didnt want any more, im keen to get some of them..
Jon

Post by Jon »

The only Zx that had 15" wheels was the ZX 16 Valve.
For your C3 you might be better looking at something like a 206GTi with 15/16 inch wheels.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

On a related note, is there anywhere where you can get old wheel trims?
I have a ZX avantage 1.9D... the wheels look quite small, are they 13"?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

plenty of other citroens/peugeots/fords with 15" wheels, 205 gti's, 406's xantias and so on. But yes only zx was the 16v
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

is there a spare set of these some place in the uk that noone wants then that i might be able to grab off a 16 v?
Im very keen and enthusiastic guys....
Seamster15
My Cars:

Post by Seamster15 »

I probably will be breaking a mettalic green one soon.... (zx 16v)but its in Wales at the moment....
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

seamster that sounds cool man. If you dont mind how much would they cost me how would we go about organizing all this?
Im very keen....
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

TomH your avantage wheels should be 14 inch. I had a right old game getting wheel trims. Got a set from a guy on E-bay I think.
nickm
My Cars:

Post by nickm »

hi seamster
why would you break a 16v? i answered your post and emailed u but no reply, i naturally assumed you'd sold it
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

Do i still get a chance of getting some zx wheel trims or others that are 15 inch? What others will fit it, apart from the Xantia....
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I think the standard wheel size for the Avantage and Aura pre grill change to front (intro to 1994?) was 13 inch. At that time the Volcane had ally wheels that were 14"? .. I considered going to 15 inch on my Avantage but decided that the thinner tyre would make the ride less comfortable. So I settled for the 14 inch volcane ally's and am very pleased with the results, both in appearance and performance. [^]
Personaly, I think the very thin tyres on large 'spoked' wheels on most model cars look very silly, bit like fitting old cart wheels on a car.. All they need is painting red with a black centre. [:o)] [;)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

JamesUK, my old 1994 'L' reg Avantage had 14'' wheels on it. Old style front end. Original as supplied from new. Put new tyres on and all quotes were for 14'' not any smaller. May be different as a TD and not petrol. what do you think? As for the wheels trims had a look on E-bay last night a couple on there.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Moving off topic really, but only ZX 19D and 1.4 early cars had 13" wheels from memory.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Stuart, I think citroen add libbed the spec on the original ZX's quite a lot, no two seem to be the same? [:I] The Aura 1994 L reg was one lady owner from new and has 13 inch ally's on it? the lady says she hasn't changed them, they were on it when she bought it new? They seem to be pretty standard on the early Aura as i have seen lots of Aura's on ebay all with the same patern wheels. Unless of course they made that pattern ally in two diff sizes? [:0] [:o)]
My Avantage is 1.9D non turbo, and had 13 inch when I bought it.. As Jon says, I think they were standard ish on that but 14 inch on the turbo?
Another oddity on my Avantage was the fact that there was no cloth covering on the back of the rear seats? I have never seen another one like that. [8)]
When I did the brake swop after changing over to 14 inch volcane wheels and front brakes, I was given a disk that was too large to fit inside the wheel? apparently there are two sizes in the air cooled disks. I had to get the smaller one.
Now I have the same problem with the Aura, [:(!] i.e. The front brakes get hot and the wheels are always covered in black dust.[:(!] but if I change them I wont go to 15 inch, I think they look a bit out of proportion, and may reduce the comfort, so I may well be hunting for another set of 14 inch Volcane ally,s and calipers myself soon.
Constantly replacing lost or damaged wheel trims on my original Avantage 13 inch iron wheels was [V] a pain.
esscargo
My Cars:

Post by esscargo »

where can i can a set of these wheels from??