ZX Fusebox

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave40
My Cars:

ZX Fusebox

Post by Dave40 »

Just had to change a fuse & found an addition that's not in the handbook. Attached by a sticky pad to the right hand side of the fuse box is an orange coloured connector with 2 blade connectors (room for a third) and two green wires coming out the back. It looks like original equipment & I'm curious to know what it's for[?]
Car is a 95N Avantage TD.
One other discovery I've made is that my aftermarket Kenwood CD won't work with fuse 10 blown (horn & cigarette lighter 20A). It powers up, works for 5 seconds & then gets confused and takes it's ball home. Worth remembering I think if anyone experiences an apparent radio/cassette/CD fault in the future[8)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Could be an after market alarm fitting. My old ZX had a simalar thing in the fuse box, traced it back to some c**p alarm that gave up years ago.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Sounds like fuse 10 is tapped for the memory supply for your CD. Modern units (ie those with computer memories - post about 1985?) have 2 power supplies - one generally switched and another unswitched for the memory. Some other strange wires like Alt Grd or something can be used for interuption when using a phone.
Have you got an aftermarket immobiliser? Could it be for that? - or the seat belt tensioners?
Jeremy
Dave40
My Cars:

Post by Dave40 »

The car seems pretty well original & not messed with at all. No sign of aftermarket alarms or immobilisers as the Cit one seems to function OK. There is wiring under the front seats which I assume is for the seat belt tensioners. The thing about the extra connector is nothing is connected to it, but looks like something could. Maybe I wasn't clear in my initial post, the part concerned is like one half of an in line connector where the other half (with 2 or 3 female spade connectors) is absent.