Activa

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ripsaw82
My Cars:

Activa

Post by ripsaw82 »

Thinking of getting one, but there are not that many for sale, and the price is ranging from £895-£2500 on the ones i can find.
What i am unsure with is the mileage. I have read that all xantias need a major service on the suspention at 60,000 miles, is this true? Since i got my current 2.0i 8v Xantia at 116,000 miles i would not know. A few for sale are between 60,000 and 70,000 miles. Is this a bad mileage to buy, are they for sale because the owner does not want the cost of this service? Would one with 90,000 be better ?thinking it may have already had this service?
Whats the 0-60 on the 2.0i Turbo? When i look it up on the internet i get anything from 8.9s to 10.5s.
and the last question is, what year did the Xantia start coming with CD Player instead of cassette? On my current one i took the Citroen stereo out and put my own CD player in, but i really miss the stearing wheel controls. I do not want to loose them on the Activa. or can you get a Xantia CD Player from Citroen if it has a cassette?
jimthain
My Cars:

Post by jimthain »

before you get any cash out ask for the history! Don't let motor journalist put you off, if you need to replace the sphere's then you can the whole set (10 of them) for about 250.00 quid!
0-60 and top end speed seem to vary on which site you look at but its quiet quick, think the suspension cancels out how quick you are attuactly going!
cd player basicaly if it dosn't come with one the citroen 4030 header will take a 10 cd changer total price new of about 170 quid with adapter!