Xsara Picasso Climate control: excessive fan speed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
jackytwoshoes
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 May 2018, 15:36

Xsara Picasso Climate control: excessive fan speed

Unread post by jackytwoshoes »

A minor gripe really, but I'm curious:

I have a 2006 Xsara Picasso 2.0 Petrol Auto with all the bells and whistles and the climate control just always seems to be working harder than it needs to. I understand that when the interior temperature is some way away from the target setting (on a cold morning for example) it needs to turn up the fans to shift some air, but the fan speed never seems to settle down. I usually end up turning the fan speed down a few bars just to get some peace and quiet, but then this turns off the automatic climate control I think?

Is there anything I can do? I wondered about trying to clean the cabin sensor- I imagine that's it behind on the dashboard by the passengers knees behind a grill. Any settings in Lexia or anything?