fan motor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

neil

fan motor

Post by neil »

96P Xantia 1.9 lx estate.Heater fan packed up. Pulled it to pieces. Found spade connector from single thick red wire singed a bit. Checked back in former threads to find similar faults, no joy, so hear goes. Power is going through to four pin plug at 12v on big red wire, 1.5v on little red wire. No change whatever the fan speed/auto slider is set at. Went to local hero scrappy who didn,t have Xantia fan assembly, but tried Pug 405 which looked identical apart from thin black wire spliced into thick black wire coming from speed control block to thin pink wire. As soon as ignition switched on fan ran at same speed no matter where slider was positioned. This also happened when a Xsara one, which had the extra thin'ish fitted, was tried. 405 looked identical to Xantia blower, same numbers on round blocks on speed controler block. Not too keen on dash removal to change slide control. Anyone any ideas? Does it have to be identical Valeo speed block on blower, ie. numbers? May be coincidence but had to change battery today as car is not used too much since hi-lux appeared for work. Someone said that if the fan doesn't get at least 12v it won't come out to play? She is in the huff now that she only does 25 miles per week instead of 500!!!!
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

I found exactly the same thing on mine when it stopped working, i.e. burnt / melted connector on the single red wire.
To fix it I cleaned up the spade connector and re-soldered the joint where the male spade joins the pcb. Has worked fine ever since.