ECU home V6 S1?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paulxmski
My Cars:

ECU home V6 S1?

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi all,
I haven't really looked in the computer housing box on the V6 apart from taking the lid off and staring at the tops of the modules and connecting up the diagnostic to the green connector. There are a number of boxes in there is the Fenix3b labelled as such which one is it as I look at the car from the front (not the derriere - don't you think Rnooh got a cheek telling their customers they're aholes even before they buy the car ha! ha!) with the compcontrolbox to the left??
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

This post has a slight whiff of the waccy baccy to it. No offence [:)]
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Ha Ha,
Never touch the stuff don't need it,
keep shaking that ass ha ha!
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Yeeha!! Fixed it!!!
Nice sunny day if a little humid so went out and looked in ECU home. I found that the Fenix 3b ECU (the middle box) wasn't attached to the metal back plate because there was only one nut/bolt on the engine side, and the ecu metal part had sheared off. It must have taken quite a wack to do that. So I lifted the unit out and took the connector socket off and looked at the male connectors. I noticed a lot of mucky stuff around two of them and cleaned all that out reconnected transferred the nut/bolt engine side to wing side put a new bolt in the holes just in front of the connector socket tightened all up started and voila! plenty of revs no cut-back on the throttle. Can anyone say if the Fenix 3b is earthed via the plate?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

This sounds like an old friend ...
On CX'es, you could come to a sudden halt, if the later type ECU boxes lost their housing earthings, due to corrosion ...
Not caused by the missing earth, but by the missing noise suppression internal to the box/ecu then.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi Anders,
Ah right so it most likely was the earthing then rather than the dirty contacts. The whole box doesn't seem to be attached to the body as I can push it about so there must be room for further improvement. Now that situation has been dealt with there is another slight problem. The engine is revving much more freely on tickover and when the engine has warmed sometimes it speeds up and slows down almost like it's hunting but not quite?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

If the engine starts hunting in idle revs when warm, it's some kind of unstable feedback on the acc pedal (throttle flap) position or unstable feedback info on the intake air flow/temp.
Sometimes the steppermotor can do this, if it's partly seized and have trouble finding it's correct position.
Possibilities are many [:I]
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Thanks Anders,
I will have to start looking into it. I noticed from history it had a replacement throttle pot not long ago (miles wise that is). When I was investigating the idle valve I sprayed it through with electronic cleaner/lubricant could that cause a problem? On the other hand the corner being broken off the ecu makes me think there maybe a problem in the ECU from the shock? Anyway it is a minor fluctuation and it is just fantastic to be able to just start the car and drive it straight away. Although the thought of sitting there warming it up made me think three times about taking it anywhere which contributed to the ecology of the planet a wee wee bit ha ha!