Whats happening for Citroen?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MrXantia
My Cars:

Whats happening for Citroen?

Post by MrXantia »

Have anybody seen the ned C2 and C3 models inside? I think its a pity they put so much plastic in them and its so bad quality I think it will break when used. Even the C5 have a lot of this also. What am I gonna buy when the Xantia is done? a newer Xantia?
I hope the C4 is more like the Xantia (yes yes yes, I know that the Xantia dashboard "wood" is also plastic, but thats not what I mean)
/Lars
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I like the dashboard in my zx. Yes the centre console bit is a bit cheap looking but the whole things nice and dark and the material on the top of it by the screen is nice, none of this new cheapo plastic rubbish which randomly changes colour and has bits of grey and some weird blue etc.
88 visa gti, nice, they stopped here in 87 I believe. I was playing the computer came Toca Race Driver 2 online the other night and my user name is visagti16v and this belgium chap started telling me about his 1989(!) one that he had and ive also had some french people on there talk to me about them :)
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I read a review of the C5 that said the dashboard was the highest quality plastic ever seen in a Citroen....
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No, there is a sweet wrapper on the floor of mine !
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

I'll have to disagree on the C3 dashboard. Its very well screwed together, as is the whole car really. No squeaks or rattles in mine, and no faults with anything yet. Oh and all those who have been in it, really like the look of the dash.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

I think the interiors of C3/C2 are not too bad, but there is no room in the back of a C2. Also on a general note, there is never a glove box big enough!
TheWorker
My Cars:

Post by TheWorker »

i like the rev counter and the indicator noise is funny on the c3
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

The C5 has a pretty good quality interior. There's a fair bit of grainy plastic there, but its not cheap and nasty stuff.
The plastic on the door trims and lower dash on the C3 is a bit low rent, but its a niggle in what is otherwise a very good little car.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Now when Monkeyman mentions gloveboxes that sends a surge to the old peanut since the XM must be the only car in the world to have a glovebox which has to be forced open and has a telescopically assisted slam shut ting mechanism specially designed to crack you on the back of the hand as you quickly revert to the steering wheel as the lights go green!!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Paul, you (or someone else) must have reassembled your glovebox in the wrong order! My 520,000 km+ XM TD12 still has the original one-hand latch and power (read gas cylinder) opener. And they both work perfectly.
Now, getting the glove box compartment out in order to get at the vital components cunningly hidden beneath it, that's a cussed job, that is!
//NiSk