Xantia Mpg........!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Xantia Mpg........!

Post by paranoid »

Just got an amazing 65.4 mpg coming back from Westo/s/Mare at a very steady 60mph, Very boring but never had my cards on me to get any more fuel (Doh) Orange light on for most of the journey, Strange thing is going averaged 90-95mph and it only took 20 minutes more to get home, I've treble checked the figures !!!!!! Can anyone beat this!!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

NO!!!
The best is 54mpg,the worst,22mpg.Although that was in Italy along the coastal motorway to Verona with a caravan.Up,down,tunnel.Up,down,tunnel.......You get the idea.
I average about 40mpg week in week out through a mixture of driving.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry but was the sea in at Weston? or was it out as seems to have been on all the times I've been.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

17.48 litres of diesel..Got the receipt here
250 miles there and back, behind the same artic for most of the journey, was touch and go after we got off the motorway, but we made it, Plus it started this morning and got me to the petrol station .
Someone confirm i'm working it out right
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Bloody miles away, Us brummies would'nt know what to do if it was in!!!!!
Bought a tear to my eye boll*king the kids for getting covered in mud, Took me back to my childhood, and getting a stern looking at from my dear old mother!! Sadly departed, Weston never changes!!!!!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Thats what I was thinking about. Ah the days of being dragged across the mud by my dad (good bless him) with a 99 in one hand and being told to stop moaning while the rain lashed down from all angles. Them were the days. LOL
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

More blues and villa tops than a saturday afternoon in the bull ring, Ahhh the quality.
Really don't know why i'm drawn to the place.[:)]
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

17.48 litres of diesel..Got the receipt here
250 miles there and back, behind the same artic for most of the journey, was touch and go after we got off the motorway, but we made it, Plus it started this morning and got me to the petrol station .
Someone confirm i'm working it out right
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Just a tick, you said the orange light was on for most of the journey, how come you only filled with 17 litres? I'd have expected 50+ if the light was on!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Orange light was on for a few days beforehand,(only do a couple of miles a day)
Put fifteen quids worth in to get to weston, was gonna put a bit in to come home, didn't have right card with me and no cash, didn't realise till we were about to come home, 90-95 all the way (was in a rush) light come on just as we were hitting the motorway to come home, was planning to phone brother closer to home with a fuel can, but got away with it.
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Ok....anyone got any ideas what I should be expecting from my 2.0 LX petrol Xantia ? (driven gently of course)
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

It's really hard to say when what to expect when it comes to fuel economy as people drive car so differently.
eg. My BX has always returned around 38mpg with mixed running, shooting upto 44mpg if used only on the highway, where as at the other extreme my CX turbo that I'm waiting on a fuel pressure regulator for (there on back order from the factory) is getting about 18mpg with me driving it to work & back. Usually it gets 22-24mpg with me driving it to work and back, yes I always b!tch & moan about how much petrol it uses.
I've been driving the BX the last couple of weeks to work & back, it's fuel economy worked out to be 29.9mpg. The WORST fuel economy I've ever gotton out of it in the nearly 4years of ownership. The difference ??? My drive to work is about 6km, with about 15 intersections. ie: you always accelleratign or braking.
My Xantia 8valve petrol (slugomatic) returns consitantly 33mpg with my wife driving it. No doubt if I drove it to work and back it would return 25mpg.
BTW: The surprising one is the CX, show it a bit of highway and it returns 34mpg which is quite amazing for a 20year old (petrol) turbo charged car.
seeya,
Shane L.
jimthain
My Cars:

Post by jimthain »

on average only get 26 mpg, think i might need a tune up!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

Orange light was on for a few days beforehand,(only do a couple of miles a day)
Put fifteen quids worth in to get to weston, was gonna put a bit in to come home, didn't have right card with me and no cash, didn't realise till we were about to come home, 90-95 all the way (was in a rush) light come on just as we were hitting the motorway to come home, was planning to phone brother closer to home with a fuel can, but got away with it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Its probably not a very exact measure of fuel economy. I know with mine, some days the fuel light will come on and stay on for a journey, then go off for the next and come back on on another journey.
To calculate my economy I go 600 ish miles, brim to fuel light to brim and get variations between tanks (in how much fuel is needed to brim it) that I'd consider statistically significant. When I get a very high figure on one tank the next tank is usually correspondingly low.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Fill up early in the morning, or ona cold day. the fuel is more dense, so you not only get more for your £ you can get more in the tank (mind you its very very tiny!)
jakeuk
My Cars:

Post by jakeuk »

i did 260+ miles yesterday leicester to wigan and back it cost me just over 1 third of a tank of deisel this keeps me happy but not being much of a mathematician myself....is this good going?????could someone work it out for us
xantia 19 td
all but eight miles was on motorway[:)]