Will not hold fast idle

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NickCUK

Will not hold fast idle

Post by NickCUK »

Noticed that my Peugeot 1.6 16V (TU5JP4) will not run smooth at fast idle. Base idle is about 825rpm and rev counter is smooth at that but try and raise idle slightly and no matter how softly throttle is pressed it jumps to 1200rpm then fluctuates 900-1100rpm. Just will not stay stable at 1000rpm.

Throttle body has been removed and cleaned with the manifold seal being changed at the same time, although couldn't see how to get to access the servo motor to clean that; this appeared to be a sealed unit.

It might be that this is just by design for fly-by-wire and related to the granularity of throttle body motor. Could someone else with this engine test and see if yours does the same or not.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: Will not hold fast idle

Post by xantia_v6 »

There is probably a calibration procedure for the throttle actuator. It may need Diagbox or similar to initiate, but I don't know the details for that engine.
NickCUK

Re: Will not hold fast idle

Post by NickCUK »

xantia_v6 wrote: 11 Jul 2024, 20:52 There is probably a calibration procedure for the throttle actuator. It may need Diagbox or similar to initiate, but I don't know the details for that engine.
Yep, have diagbox and have already been through the procedures to recalibrate the throttle housing and that to calibrate the throttle pedal.