C4 space tourer, cambelt replacement issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shink1972
New User

C4 space tourer, cambelt replacement issues

Post by Shink1972 »

Hi hope someone can help,I've got a 63 plate c4 2.0 e hdi,changed cam belt and w/p.
2 days later car came back in with management light on ,with cam sensor coholition fault.
So stripped back down everything pins up the crank woodruff is at 12 o'clock,with starter removed pin into flywheel however the pin locks into the lower hole which according to autodata is for automatic transmission, this is manual.
Just for the hell of it and clutching at straws I retimed crank to the top hole putting crank woodruff at about quarter too. Tried turn over by hand and she locks.
So put it back to original marks and pins.
Car will crank but not fire and numerous lights come on dash. This ain't my first rodeo ,done loads of belts on different makes,but this is frying my brain. Help!!!!!!
Stewart(oily)

Re: C4 space tourer, cambelt replacement issues

Post by Stewart(oily) »

Not familiar with your engine but I too have replaced lots of cambelts, on th 1.6 HDI motors the manuals show a place where the flywheel can be locked to facilitate loosening the bloody tight crank pulley, I have never used this BUT It does not seem to be the actual position for cambelt replacement, crankshaft position being at the crank pulley end with familiar pins lining up into holes, worth a look.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
moizeau
Donor 2024

Re: C4 space tourer, cambelt replacement issues

Post by moizeau »

Has the crankshaft sensor got damaged during the cambelt change or does the plug to this sensor have oil/muck in it from when it was unplugged during the change?
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone