2021 Citroen C4 7 seat.+++

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pete i

2021 Citroen C4 7 seat.+++

Post by Pete i »

Hello C4 Grand Spacetourer owners. I have just aquired a 2021 reg 7 seat vehicle. I want to have a tow hitch fitted but looking underneath I have a plastic cover and under that cover is a huge adblue tank, or at least that is what I think it is. Anyway I cannot see anywhere where a tow hitch could be fitted so if anyone has any info on this I would be grateful.

I also wanted to get a winch and carrier for a Road Angel space saver wheel that I have bought. At the moment I am keeping it in the boot which is a tad inconvenient. The hole in the boot for the winding mechanism is there as is the plastic tool carrier situated behind the left hand third row seat. There are no tools and no winding mechanism. I can buy everything that is needed but because of that aformentioned large tank I don't think there would be room to accomodate the wheel once winched up. The adblue filler cap used to be in the underneath the right hand third row seat on older models and I do have a blanked of hole where that used to be on older models and I am assuming that the adblue tank was much smaller. My adblue filler cap is situated next to the diesel filler cap. So if anyone has a newer model grand Spacetourer I would be grateful if someone could tell me if what I want to add to my car is feasable.

Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2021 Citroen C4 7 seat.+++

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Pop your VIN up and I'll take a look officially as to what the options (if any) there are for this vehicle. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Don't count on getting a winch system either - there's no room for it I suspect - but I'll have a better idea of options when I know exactly what you have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Pete i

Post by Pete i »

Hi GiveMe A Break and thanks for responding.

The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so as expected for this car with Adblue Tank and Eolys additive tank, there's likely no room, so hence space saver and inflation gunk.

As for towbar - there is only one towbar showing along with compatible electronics to match the vehicle's reversing and ESP systems.

1613124180 is the one from Thule that shows what's involved - I've provided the installation guide with photos so you can see what's involved:
Pete Towbar Instructions.zip
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 10 times
Description:

DESCRIPTION
  • For safely towing trailers, boats, caravans or other equipment.
  • RDSO tow hitch (ball can be removed without the need for tools) can be fitted with a key-operated anti-theft system.
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS
  • Ball type: Detachable.
  • Maximum towing weight: See the vehicle handbook.
  • Supplied with fastenings and installation instructions.
ADVICE ON USE FOR A PRIVATE CUSTOMER
  • For safety reasons, the fitting of a "TUNESI" type blade stabiliser system on the towball is strongly discouraged.
SALES STATEMENTS
  • Conforms to European regulation 55.
  • Dynamic tests are performed on simulators and static tests are carried out on test benches (equivalent to 10,000 km of intense use on a track).
  • Performance test.
  • Fixing quality test.
  • Resistance test.
  • Does not disrupt the operation of the rear parking assistance system.
  • Towbar specifically recommended for vehicles with parking assistance systems.
  • Easy and quick to fit and remove without need for tools.
  • Does not alter the aesthetical appearance of the vehicle.
These are the part numbers for the specific compatible harnesses:

RELATED REFERENCES
1609829380: TOWBAR HARNESS 13 CHANNELS
1611271580: (ACC) 13-WAY TOWBAR HARNESS
1609829480: (ACC) 7-WAY TOWBAR HARNESS
1618048580: (ACC) 13-WAY TOWBAR HARNESS
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Pete i

Post by Pete i »

Okay thank you that. I suspected that the tyre question was what you said so that can stay in the boot. I'm not going to rely on the goop. I have the car booked in to a local towing company and I would hope that he knows what he is doing but I did notice that the tow hitch you mentioned is a removable one and he has said that he is fitting a fixed one so I better have a word with him. Anyway thank you for that info, much appreciated.