Power steering fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kaarejen

Power steering fault

Post by Kaarejen »

Citroen/C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 L Diesel 2009 110 9HZ VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Hello,

I have a power steering issue also affecting parking brake and abs, i have autodata but the wiring diagram is shocking, can someone post a wiring diagram for the power steering please?

I noticed on the diagram that I got from autodata the can runs through all these modules so that’s where I will start I guess 😂

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Power steering fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here you are.

With the exception of the wiring codes, most of the component codes are indexed here:

PSA Electrical Diagrams - Wiring & Symbols Codes Index

Power Steering
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

Thank you, so I am getting a fault from 7122, 7800 and 7095, but nothing flagging up for 7130. BSI and BSM have been replaced due to this issue, would you think due to all of these issues it’s likely to be CAN-H/ CAN-L from 7095 (parking brake module) to BSI1, or could one of the other components cause the issue, I haven’t done wiring since college and I’m a bit rusty.

Thanks in advance
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

Looks like the steering angle sensor 7130 has its own line back to the BSI
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What fault codes are you getting from the diagnostic?

Pop those up as you haven’t said what the faults is yet.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

I will scan again later when I get home but symptoms are loss of power steering, unable to take the parking brake off and ABS/ESP fault on the dash. I remember diag said could not communicate with power steering ecu. Unfortunately I can’t remember the other DCT descriptors and will have to double check later.
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

It came on after a gearbox swap, thought it was related at first but now convinced I couldn’t of damaged any of the wiring after checking everything I could of touched.
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

Theoretically if the parking brake control module was bad could this affect the other two modules not responding? When I turned the ignition on and off repeatedly while playing with the handbrake switch I managed to get the brake off so I could move the untaxed car off the road, but I would of thought if the comms to parking brake was faulty it wouldn’t of released the handbrake regardless of how many times I tried to trick it?
Kaarejen

Post by Kaarejen »

I’m getting 124ohms across the can hi/low at the obd2 port, where would I find the two 120ohm termination resistors?